The Chamberlain Story
Founded in 1954 in Haslington, Crewe by Gerald and Rachel Chamberlain, Chamberlain Transport Limited has grown in both size and reputation from its' humble beginnings, operating two vehicles, into the Company you see today.
Their son, Ted, joined the business in 1958, with sons Simon and Mark following in his footsteps. Ted is now Chairman, his wife Mary is Company Secretary, his two sons are Joint Managing Directors and both Simon's wife, Alison, and Mark's wife, Cathy, work in the Company- this truly is a family concern.
- 1954- Founded 1954 in Haslington, Crewe.
- 1958- Gerald and Rachel's son, Ted, joins Chamberlain Transport Ltd.
- 1975- Ted's wife, Mary, joins the company.
- 1979- Crewe Tachograph Centre opens.
- 1984- Ted's eldest son, Simon, joins the Company.
- 1996- Ted's youngest son, Mark, joins the Company.
- 1997- Simon's wife, Alison, joins the Company.
- 1997- Chamberlain Transport Limited relocates from Haslington to Weston Gate North, Crewe into purpose built offices and workshops.
- 1998- Chamberlain Transport Ltd joins the Transport Association.
- 2004- Chamberlain Transport Ltd joins PalletFORCE, the overnight pallet distribution network, as a shareholder Member.
- 2004- Chamberlain Transport Ltd introduces an in-house SAFED trainer to implement a Driver Training Programme.
- 2004- 50 years in business is celebrated.
- 2007- Chamberlain Transport Ltd is awarded Gold status for RHA Icon, an industry recognized Safety Standard- one of the first 5 UK Companies to attain this standard.
- 2009- Major specialist contract win for the rail industry requiring the purchase of the first crane vehicles and the opening of a remote depot in Milton Keynes.
- 2010- MAN Trucks provide technicians to work in Chamberlain Transport's own workshops.
- 2010- Simon Chamberlain becomes chairman of the Transport Association
- 2011- Completed the installation of vehicle telematics to enhance driver training, safety and efficiency.